We encourage you to carefully read and understand the following questions and answers to have a better understanding of Encore Global’s Regional Centers and the EB-5 Visa Process.

How can an interested investor apply for the EB-5 visa through one of Encore Global’s Regional Centers?
Interested investors should begin by contacting our office or clicking “Contact Us” on our web site.  We will answer your questions and provide you with all the necessary information to get started.

Can my family be included on my EB-5 Visa application?
Yes, your qualified $500,000 investment allows your spouse and your unmarried children, who are under the age of 21 at the time of your EB-5 application, to receive their own EB-5 visas.

Is it required to show that I am in good health?
Yes. You must prove that you and any accompanying family members are in good physical and mental health, and do not have any diseases.

Must I have previous business experience or education? 
No. There are no education requirements for EB-5 visa applicants and the investor is not required to have any prior business experience.

Must I speak English? 
No, speaking English is not required.

What is the investment required? 
A minimum investment of $500,000 USD is required, which will then be verified by the USCIS to have been lawfully gained.  However, if the project is outside a Targeted Employment Area (TEA), then the minimum investment would be $1,000,000 USD.

Are there any other fees in addition to the investment?
As each project is different, please contact us for a list of current administration fees.

What is meant by the requirement that the investor’s assets be “lawfully gained”? 
Under USCIS regulations, the investor must demonstrate that investment assets were gained in a lawful manner.  Requiring the Investor to prove their investment funds were obtained through lawful business, salary, investments, property sales, inheritance, gift, loan, or other lawful means. This may be accomplished through certificates by the Investor’s licensed accountants, lawyers, court records, salary statements, tax statements, real estate documents and similar documentation.

What is a Targeted Employment Area (TEA)?
A Targeted Employment Area is a geographic area designated by local governmental authorities and defined as a rural area or an area which has experienced high unemployment.

Where will the investments be located? 
The investments will all be located in Targeted Employment Areas within the designated areas approved by the USCIS.

Where does my money go when I participate in one of Encore Global’s Regional Centers?
When you sign the Subscription Agreement, you will wire-transfer the amount of your investment, plus the Administration Fees, to our Escrow Account. The Escrow Agent will hold 100% of your $500,000 USD investment deposit until your initial EB-5 Visa petition (USCIS Form I-526) is approved. After your I-526 is approved, your money will be released to the project.

Is my investment guaranteed?
As per federal law, the Regional Center is not able to guarantee revenue or the return of the principal investment. Guarantees of said revenue are explicitly against USCIS regulations and grounds for  EB-5 Visa invalidation.

Will Encore Global assist me in the application process?
Encore Global cannot provide legal advice; however, an investor representative will help guide you through every step of the immigration process.

What is the difference between “conditional” and “unconditional” Green Cards? 
The conditional Green Card is valid for a two year period.  The “unconditional” Green Card has no expiration date.

Who receives the permanent residency Green Card?
The investor, spouse and any unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time of the I-526 petition.

How long must I remain in the United States each year?
The first obligation of any investor after they receive the EB-5 visa at the United States overseas consulate office is to enter into the United States within 180 days of visa issuance from the consulate. The investor must then establish residency in the United States. Evidence of intent to reside includes opening bank accounts, obtaining a driver’s license or social security number, paying state and federal income taxes, and renting or buying a home. The United States resident may work overseas, if required, based upon the nature of their business or profession.  For those permanent residents living outside the U.S., we suggest the investor and family re-enter the U.S. no less than once every six months.

What is the difference between permanent residency and citizenship? 
There are two ways to become a U.S. citizen. One is by being born either on U.S. soil or to a U.S. citizen.

The other way is through the naturalization process. The first step in becoming a U.S. citizen through naturalization is to receive a Green Card.  Being a Green Card holder for 5 years is one of the basic requirements for qualifying for naturalization.  A second requirement is being physically present in the U.S. for 30 months during the 5 years prior to the naturalization application. Once becoming a U.S. citizen, an individual is entitled to benefits including the right to vote and hold public office.

Will my children be able to remain in school in the U.S. if I leave the U.S.?